Search the forum,

Discuss Frame not sealed to tray in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

Plumber who fitted shower frame didnt put sealent behind frame to tray before fitting frame.

Now leaks when water gets into frame and down into downstairs wall

Another plumber has sealed inside area whwre it is shown yellow , which i get is not ideal.

i was going to just seal a thin bead of sealent along glass (blue line in pic) and along top of shower frame where the end cap is

As inside has already been sealed to wall vertically

Rather than removing and refitting as will replace eventually anyway

Does this seem okay for now?

Any advice would be great.

Attachments

• 20240305_095217.jpg
    20240305_095217.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20240305_095204.jpg
    20240305_095204.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240305_095147.jpg
    20240305_095147.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Lou
Hi

Thanks for your question - can anyone offer any advice? If you have sorted it could you tell us how so future members can be assisted.

Ok, you're not going to like this but ... Sealant should not be applied to the inside of a shower cubicle under any circumstances. It should only be applied to the outside edge where the cubicle meets the tiles and tray.

To remedy your problem. Personally I would remove the cubicle and check that the shower tray has been sealed where the cubicle sits on the tray. Second, I would scrap off all the sealant from the cubicle and wall. Replace the cubicle and only seal the outside of the cubicle where it meets the wall and tray. All of this will be explained in the cubicles instructions.

There should be sealant around the shower tray where it meets the tiles.

Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:

Reply to Frame not sealed to tray in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock