Discuss Pipes making banging noise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewsh

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got called to a customers property as their pipes would randomly make a banging noise. They thought it was a problem with the boiler - But the boiler wasn't running and all pipes were cool. The boiler is a heat line vizo (piece of crap I know), sealed system, the entire system is full of water.

I only heard the bang once whilst at the property, and this was with no appliances running, no taps open, checked the toilet incase the cistern float valve was passing and causing a bit of water hammer, but all ok.

Any suggestions on why a pipe would randomly make a banging noise?

there mite be to much water pressure
or its not clip in right. i would try and use some clips to hold the pipe.

Got called to a customers property as their pipes would randomly make a banging noise. They thought it was a problem with the boiler - But the boiler wasn't running and all pipes were cool. The boiler is a heat line vizo (piece of crap I know), sealed system, the entire system is full of water.

I only heard the bang once whilst at the property, and this was with no appliances running, no taps open, checked the toilet incase the cistern float valve was passing and causing a bit of water hammer, but all ok.

Any suggestions on why a pipe would randomly make a banging noise?

Who ya gonna call?

Ghostbusters! :)

Sounds weird to get pipes banging with nothing running at all.

Nobody walking around the house or jumping up and down on a loose floorboard.

too much water pressure

On an estate near bottom of hill , pressure varied with time of day,pressure
was high to keep those at top of hill from moaning ,got thuds from neighbours washing machine if listened carefully (patiently for spin cycle)

Could be to do with heating pipes , but effect will reduce/disappear if Heating / Hot water cylinder turned off for day.

Last edited:
F&E cistern ball valve causing water hammer?

Just re read the post its a sealed system..apprentice's eh..
Sorrry.

Shared cold mains and the neighbour turning a tap on and off. Loose cold feed pipe somewhere in customers house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipes making banging noise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock