Discuss pipe cutters rothenberger kopex monument in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

absolute raging just bought another monument pair today and they start spinning, this is about my 5th pair this year, what manufacturer are you using and how reliable are they? are bahcos any gd?

i know what you mean there not as good as they used to be, i think there all the same i have tried every slice going and they all tram and spin, it just another way for manufacturers to get more money from us.

Had my Kopex for many years now, apart from a few new wheels and a good clean and oil up every so offten the still good, although the've had so much use there starting to get a bit to smooth and hard to grip in a V tight space!

got monument and copex as spares but i use el cheepos from ebay @£5 each. been using for 2 years now with only one new wheel.
i have since lost a 15mm one (boo hoo) but not a great loss at that price. i think there am-tech ones, exactly the same as rothy bar the name.

you can get blank kopex slices for a few quid now in local tool markets and they are just the same as rothenberger.

ive had 2 rothy's and the spring went on em in no time! so bought monument last time, worked well for 3 cuts then went downhill from there, lost em yesterday back to my merchants cheapy's only a 5er and lasted longer than any branded ones so far imo

I thought I was going paranoid, glad it's not just me that has a problem with these cutters. I'm on my 7th pair this year, normally end up chucking them in the bottom of the scrap bag to help build up the weight lol...

Oh this reminds me!!

Could these be the most pointless tool ever made?

An electric abs pipe cutter. REALLY!!?

93052.jpg99821.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe cutters rothenberger kopex monument in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock