Discuss Paying by credit card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why pay a third party, can you not get what you are owed. ie cheque, cash and transfer.

Why pay a third party, can you not get what you are owed. ie cheque, cash and transfer.
I've explained all that above. Cheques are archaic, can be dishonoured and at point of sale in someone's home, cannot be credit checked. I don't expect my customers to have thousands of pounds in their home when they can pay me by card, and as for bank transfer I have to wait (and sometimes remind them) to pay it. Ok I'm paying for a service, but I get paid immediately without sending out reminders and cost of doing so. Cash flow is no longer a problem.

It's true though - you HAVE to move along with times. Card payments aren't even the future, they're the past. But The amount of tradesmen that don't hold this facility are losing out. And if you cant make enough profit to cover the £150 a year cost then your doing something terribly wrong

I would love to see a major builder punch their number into a machine.
No difference there either, they have to pay suppliers on many ocasions with several company credit cards as they also do with hotel bills and entertaining prospective clients with business lunches.

When I did my council contract, all of their materials were purchased by credit cards.

As I said above I can also take payments over the phone, as do millions of businesses worldwide do as well.

Many retailers have a 2.5% surcharge on card payments (I don't) to cover the charges.

Do you really expect people to have to go to the bank in this day and age and have the hassle of withdrawing thousands just to pay you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree with system. Doesn't matter how big the company. It's all the same and they still use card machines and pay by card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Paying by credit card in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock