Search the forum,

Discuss paperwork side of things in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

Can anybody recommend a decent read on the costing/ pricing / book keeping side of things?

many thanks

dave

I have been doing my own books for the last four years and my accountant told me how to do them and to be honest he put in in the right direction I would advize to have a close relationship with your accountant it works for me.
As for pricing we are still learning this one are selfs but we increased are prices 5 months ago on advice from are accountant

Hi all.

Can anybody recommend a decent read on the costing/ pricing / book keeping side of things?

many thanks

dave

We use an excel spreadsheet as a cash book in a format agreed by our accountant. With a few macros this reduces the work required and keeps the bill down. We decided a while ago not to try and become accounts literate as this distracted from the core business and also we are rubbish at maths.SPONS ia a source of pricing for various building and plumbing disciplines but be aware they are dear and only suitable for larger jobs where you can make x amount per linear metre installed into a sizeable invoice. If
you still want to do more yourself then your local tax office should do courses to help you help them get
their bit :sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to paperwork side of things in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can someone help identify this bathtub please as I need to replace the side and back panel but can't find what it is. I know it's a P Shape but all the ones I have seen have the taps at the end of the bath and not on the side like this one, also the dimension of the bath tub is standard...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking to purchase a press fit tool and considering many brands. I don’t do a lot of pipe work, so don’t need a heavy duty one. Hot works are becoming a thing of the past. Any recommendations?
Replies
Views
Hi, So i have lived in my house for 20+ years, (1990 build) its a detached property, corner plot with various manholes in the garden. In the last year I've noticed i can hear when my neighbor flush their toilet through my downstairs toilet - this is a relatively new thing, so am assuming its...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help please. I hope this isn't a daft question. I am trying to remove the side panels on my radiator to get in to clean it, but they seem to be secured by a small screw underneath (on the valve housing). Can someone please advise me if I can just...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation. Have a bit of a question for our resident gas people, if you can possibly help me out here. The vendors seem to have lost the installation invoice, but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock