Search the forum,

Discuss Open vent DHW - calculate recovery time in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

What would be the heating time for this (indirect) vented cylinder? Rated coil = 14kw
Is it 96 litres x 4.2 specific weight x 40 (dT) ? How do I calculate the heating requirement of the boiler to heat this cylinder.
Secondly, they are simpler to install as opposed to unvented type but what are the advantages they have over their unvented cousins?
Thanks in advance for guidance.

Attachments

• vented cylinder.png
    vented cylinder.png
    1 MB · Views: 17
Not sure but my old college books all say allow 3kw for the cylinder

They have no advantages over an unvented. You would only fit a vented one if you didn't have means of getting a relief pipe out, the plumbing in the house is Rubbish or the water pressure and flow are not adequate

to heat 96l at dt40 your coil is only 14kw so around the 20-25mins mark

eg

20mins x60 second =1200 seconds
4.2 x96x40 / 1200 = 13.4kw at 20 mins

Thank you both of you.
The coil rating is possibly based on a 80C boiler temperature and a flowrate of maybe 30LPM which may not be the normal running conditions so maybe average coil rating of 8 to 10kw, still only a problem if you are programming the reheat time, maybe allow say 30/35 minutes in the summer and 40/45 minutes in the winter.

The coil rating is possibly based on a 80C boiler temperature and a flowrate of maybe 30LPM which may not be the normal running conditions so maybe average coil rating of 8 to 10kw, still only a problem if you are programming the reheat time, maybe allow say 30/35 minutes in the summer and 40/45 minutes in the winter.
Thank you Sir.

Reply to Open vent DHW - calculate recovery time in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock