Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss One radiator wont heat up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shaq

Hi, i have flushed my heating system and put and inhibator in. one radiator now wont heat up,i have tried balancing the system but it feels as though the valve is blocked as there is heat upto the valve in the pipe... only problem is this is a new valve and was working beforehand ( system was flushed as changed a rad in a different room which funnily enough had the same problem. hope someone can help :confused5:

Airlock. Close all other rads bar that one. Should push it through. Failing that, tray under each end and run water from each end with opposite one closed.

Small microbore plastic/copper pipes by any chance? Try as suggested above from SimonG.

Hi by closing all the other rads will push the air out ? does that mean i clsoe all the rads then run the heating and then bleed the rad ?

hi its normal 15mm copper pipe

As above ... turn all off bar the one not working. If that doesn't clear the issue then you're looking at a restriction in the radiator/radiator circuit or pump flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One radiator wont heat up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock