Discuss Old council Supatap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tipintim

Can any body tell me where i can buy a pair of basin supataps.
My uncles cold tap has siezed, and i snaped one of the thumb lugs off !!
Been scanning the streets today for a council van, sure he will have a pair on board.

Also scanned net and can only get washers for this type.
Any ideas would be gratefull. Other wise i can see me changing bath too and
there bedded in putty :mad:

images

Thanks

These taps go back some.First came out in the 1950's, Great idear though, can change the washers without turning the water off. You might have luck down the recycling yard or ask you local scrap dealer. I have some washers, can't help with the valve body.

dont envy you getting them taps out to replace, bet their in a cast iron bath. Gud luck.

Tap are a thing of the past

We had some when they first come out, as me dad started out as a plumber ,he thought they were great,showed them of when we had guests,alone with syphonic loo

If your uncle, suggest

Repairing the lug,solder back on or use small drill say 1/6'' drill body and lug,then snap drill and use as a dowel and glue,be OK for normal use

Thanks to all
The reason i want to find replacement is that it is cast (putty too)and the china is mint con.
When i was an apprentice, this is what i used to rip out, and now this gear that lasts you cant buy. So i will hunt
the supa tap down. Thanks again for input

Must admit I did see an advert for new Supataps recently but can't remember where. Also there are about 3 different washers for Supataps all slightly different. You turn the washer and jumper over to find the letter on the back which tells you which washer it is. Try BES.

Also when undoing the tap one part has a Left hand thread and one a Right hand. Go careful because they can jamb and you can think the tap is seized.

There were some at an architectural salvage yard near me. If you're desperate I can see if they are still there.

Whipes,
I went to my local scrappy (that have known me for 25 yrs ) and left the offending object with him.
He new the tap and will call me when he gets one.
Thanks to all for all input.

I never gave it a thought to look at the scrappy. How daft is that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old council Supatap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to...
Replies
Views
C
Hi I have a sink that has the basin plus another smaller basin next to it, think it is a 1/4 of the size of the main basin. The unit comes up...
Replies
Views
Hi I am not sure whether I have posted correctly earlier today, if so please forgive me as I am trying again just in case. I have a sink that...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back