Discuss Oil safe? Should there be a scheme similar to gas safe for oil techs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mixture round me of gas,oil,lpg and electric.

I work on all of them. I grew up in a house that uses LPG, first place I rented was oil, then moved into Tunridge Wells and had gas. I'm now back out in the sticks last year I installed an electric flow boiler!!

Fitting solar panels in the summer, they're allready bought, and the cylinder is installed in the loft. I like diversity!![/

Out in the sticks? So where's that matfield ,bedgebury ,edenbridge? Just being nosey only I do a fair bit of LPG out that way.

But where do we stand as heating engineers though because if joe blogs fitted an oil boiler and blew up his cow shed he can say he didn't know better, but if I was to do it then as someone who is gas safe registered I should know the risks and know better I'd be hung out to dry! I honestly thought oil was policed so to speak in the same way gas is.

the first one to kill someone will be policed, believe me, just cos oftec isnt mandatory the BSs and building regs are, so you kill someone infringing those and your bum is theirs.

the first one to kill someone will be policed, believe me, just cos oftec isnt mandatory the BSs and building regs are, so you kill someone infringing those and your bum is theirs.

So you are saying that if I am not registered and if I mess up and someone dies then I
am in big trouble.

But! If I am registered and a few people perish because of my errors then i get a pat on
the back and get told, never mind you are one of the boys, carry on.:teeth_smile:

So you are saying that if I am not registered and if I mess up and someone dies then I
am in big trouble.

But! If I am registered and a few people perish because of my errors then i get a pat on
the back and get told, never mind you are one of the boys, carry on.:teeth_smile:

hopefully if your oftec you know what your doing so it shouldnt happen, just makes it easier for them to chew your bum if you are!

I'm in Chiddingstone Causeway Rob. Just outside of Penshurst.

Surrounded by fields. Couldn't live in a city, as Towns go I love Tunbridge Wells...but property is very expensive.

hopefully if your oftec you know what your doing so it shouldnt happen, just makes it easier for them to chew your bum if you are!

Why should I only know what I am doing if I am oftec registered?

I am asking why it should be different whether I am registered or not!!!!!

with you there cant stand all the stop start of cities. just looked at your website, nice bathrooms dp

Nice! see living in the sticks is a bit of me but the mrs won't have any of it. So I live in gillingham doesn't have the same ring to it though.

You have started somthing now. We will now see Oil Safe Register run by CAPITA :82:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil safe? Should there be a scheme similar to gas safe for oil techs? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Just browsing the threads and this one here // www .plumbersforums. net /threads /bldg-regs-compliance-interlock.103043/ caught my eye. 1. If a...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have been on the phone to the Gas Safe Register, who have pointed me a bit in the right direction looking for certain information. I am in a...
Replies
Views
Evening all Could someone tell me please if there is a deadline between passing the acs and getting registered on gas safe? I passed my acsin...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock