• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Gas safe registration in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Sussexborn

Reaction score
Evening all

Could someone tell me please if there is a deadline between passing the acs and getting registered on gas safe?

I passed my acsin June and just want to make sure I'm not running out of time to register

Thanks in advance

ShaunCorbs

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Within a month is fine wouldn’t leave it much longer but you should be fine either way

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Evening all

Could someone tell me please if there is a deadline between passing the acs and getting registered on gas safe?

I passed my acsin June and just want to make sure I'm not running out of time to register

Thanks in advance
Don’t know, I’m sure I passed my gas and then wasn’t corgi (at the time) registered for approx 2 years? I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone leaving it that amount of time. Only way to be certain how long you have is ask Gas safe yourself.

Stu-B

Reaction score
I’d guess you could probably register until your ACS qualification expires, best to ask them for clarification though

DuncanM

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I did it straight away. However, surely if you have valid and in date qualifications, does it matter? Would have thought that you would want to earn some money with the new qualifications though.

Reaction score
Last time I spoke to the local inspector he said he was going to inspect someone who did his Acs 3/4 years ago only applied for his registration.

Best option is to ring Gas safe or ask the local Acs centre.

JKG

GSR
Reaction score
Not sure maybe call gas safe for definite answer. What is the delay with getting registered? Most people like to do it asap and start earning.
When you do register you will be on a probationary period and have a inspection within 3 months so if you do it soon everything will be fresh in your mind

DuncanM

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
If I were you I would set myself up. It will cost a few grand, between registration, FGA, hand tools, van or estate car, PL insurance (that's available on monthly payment), hire any tools you can't afford, like sds or core guns, powerflush machines etc and get on with it. Make it happen. Why else did you invest in qualifications?

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Top Bottom