Discuss Oil fired condensing boiler setup in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennythedip

Gas Engineer
Hi all,
First post here just looking for help or a link to setting up an oil fired condensing boiler. What is the ideal temperature for flow and return,is it 70/50, 75/55 and also what should the drop across the rads be? Should it be 12c or 20c. Thanks for any help

Grant boilers are set at 70deg flow and the aim is to achieve a 50deg return, the boiler will then condense

I believe both grant and worcester state a minimum return temp of 40deg C to prevent condensate forming in the mild steel primary HEX not normaly a proble with rads though.

It's a warmflow 90 greenpak with a riello burner. Thanks for help. Should the rads be balanced differently ie with 20c drop instead of 12c?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Oil fired condensing boiler setup in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Grant Vortex 50/90 condensing oil boiler where the air tube spigot over the fan is not connected to the existing flue, should this be closed off...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at 55°C, but the boiler keep showing the Return Temperature is 60°C (and keep raising at 1°C/min rate)...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock