Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Return temperature in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

R

Return temperature

Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads.

I'm trying to make sure that the return temperature to the boiler are less than 55 degrees to ensure condensing is occurring.

But in the service menu it only shows the primary heat exchanger temperature (says it is 55 degrees with flow temp set at 60 degrees). I take it this is not the 'return temperature as such, as that water will have been heated in the condensing chamber/secondary exchanger before having been passed to the primary exchanger.

So is it correct to assume then, that the boiler with the primary Heat exchanger showing 55 degrees that the actual return temperature must be less than 55 degrees and will therefore be condensing?

(Also is there no way of seeing a secondary heat exchanger temperature or inlet temperature in the menus to get the actual return temperature?)

(A laser thermometer shows the return pipe going intonthe boiler to be 43 ish degrees but am unsure of its accuracy on the 22mm pipe).

Reply to Boiler Return temperature in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock