Discuss nvq level 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys I've just completed my level 2 and waiting to go onto level 3 and gas,i got told that i will be able to complete it in a year, which doesn't seem that long to be fair. we have got quite a bit of gas work at the moment so if i wanted to start building my portfolio what kind of things do i need to record i.e. serial number on gas meter or hob thanks in advance.

College will give you sheets to fill in with all the required stuff. Take photos of you at boilers n that you are submitting. Detail everything you do i.e tightness test, gas rate,capped meter or whatever. not just what you swapped out of the boiler. Shows you are following safe procedure.

Don't think you need serial numbers of appliances just make, model, type the basics. Can't remember exactly though.

Me personally if its for a business portfolio then photos is ample but for college then college will specify whats needed. But everytime you fit somethin or work on gas then usually paperwork is involved ie landlord cert , gas safety check etc so you have coppies that can be used. I take it your workin alongside a gsr workmate when doin the gas work.. they will keep u right .

Get a diary. And take lots and lots if before and after photos . And some during

I had to also get the serial number of the appliances when i did my gas, they wanted everything.

I'm doing the Lvl 3 next year you sure its a year course? I have been told I'm on it for 2

thats the question the tutor from my old college says 1 year but the college where I'm going to be going to says 2 so not 100% sure i would guess 2 years my self, thanks for all the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to nvq level 3 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I got my water regs when I completed my NVQ level 3, in 2017. Do you have to renew this every year?
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am middle aged and currently have a level 2 diploma in plumbing and heating and I am also Gas Safe. (level 3 gas engineering) I would...
Replies
Views
I have been doing my level 2 plumbing qualification for over 4 years now due to covid etc. I am now at a point where i will be sending my NVQ pack...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock