Discuss 'Noisy' rad, vented system, bleeding stops it but soon returns in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
What be the cause(s) and solution(s) pleaseeeeee?

My guess sludge. It's probably not air but gases created by sludge in system. That'll also make it noisy. Obvious place to start I know but that's why I suggest that first.

Could be the pump drawing air down the vent and filling the Rad every few days or the rushing noise could be the pump pushing through a nearly closed rad valve.

Cold feed and vent arrangement wrong. This will have caused a build up of crud in the surrounding pipe work, causing it to suck down the expansion.
Power flush plus pressurisation your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 'Noisy' rad, vented system, bleeding stops it but soon returns in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I seem to have lost a bleed nipple from one of my rads somehow. It’s a double rad, one side of the rad has a nipple, the other is gone and I...
Replies
Views
P
I am having a new system boiler to replace very old cast iron open vented jobbie. heating engineer has offered an S plan system and a Main eco...
Replies
Views
Podengo
P
I bought the a bleed valve from S****fix about a year ago: s****fix.com/p/radiator-vent-blanking-plug-nickel-2-pack/40972 It worked fine...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Back