Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Padam442

Need help. My fully pumped system won't switches on when it's calling for just hot water. To get hot water, both hot water and central heating has to be on at the programmer. If only HW is on at programmer, it will not come on. I am not sure is it programmer or 2 port valve.

Can you describe what heating stem you have in more detail? You say fully pumped system an d mention a 2 port valve. So I don't cause offence, I'll talk assuming your a homeowner with basic knowledge. How many pipes are attached to the two port valve? The problem sounds like you actually have a Y-plan system, this is a 3port valve with 3 flow options, heating only, hot water only, or both. When C/H and H/W are both demanded the valve sits in what is called the mid position allowing the hot water to be pumped to both the H/W cylinder and the radiators. This would explain why you can only get hot water when both are selected. Mid position valves should as a default, position the diverted to allow hot water unless asked other wise.
Most likely cause is faulty valve motor, replace it.

He could also have a two port system and the hot water two port is knackered and in the open position hence only working when the heating is on.

He could indeed thermo man. Guess we will only know when he/she gets back on to reply. If the h/w 2 port is stuck open then if he turned just the c/h on the programmer and not the h/w too it should heat up the water still.

He could indeed thermo man. Guess we will only know when he/she gets back on to reply. If the h/w 2 port is stuck open then if he turned just the c/h on the programmer and not the h/w too it should heat up the water still.
Yeah it should your right! We will probably never know lol

I have got 2 port valve. When only HW is on, nothing happens. To get the HW, I have to switch on both HW and CH at my Old programmer (Randall 103). My guess is may faulty programmer.

faulty micro switch on the hw valve head easy way to tell is if the system is off the valve should be closed then when u call for heat on the hw the valve should open
if so you could change the motor head assembly only if its a honey well / danfoss
if not u may need to change the complete valve
or if you are good at soldering a micro switch is only 6-7£

I have got 2 port valve. When only HW is on, nothing happens. To get the HW, I have to switch on both HW and CH at my Old programmer (Randall 103). My guess is may faulty programmer.

Do you get hot water if you only have heating on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock