Search the forum,

Discuss 'No Code' flo toilet problem..........please help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

frostbite

Hi

We have a 'no code' flo close coupled cistern; there appears to be a leak from the waste connection as we get minor flooding on the floor when we flush the toilet; problem I am having is trying to work out how to get the thing apart!!
i can get the lid of cistern but thats about as far as i can get...........the pan goes flush to the wall so there is no access to any water connections, cistern bolts etc what so ever.................
would any one be able to advise what I do next to get the cistern off the pan so I can then lift pan up to check waste connection ( & tighten the toilet seat bracket that the plumber left loose).
Help please !!

Many Thanks

FB

If its a close coupled with a closed back on the pan aswell you probably need to take out the fixings on the side of the pan at the bottom, then carefully cut any silicone with a Stanley knife. Then slide the toilet forward a bit which will probably reveal a flexi connection with a ballofix on the cold inlet which you can turn off then disconnect, then you can carefully pull the whole toilet away from the wall and out of the pan connecter. If its leaking when you flush it you will probably need a new foam doughnut washer.

Sorry, I read that is in it was leaking from inbetween the cistern and pan when flushing. If its leaking from the pan connecter just check its on properly. If its a flexi type which they quite often are when people fit these closed back close coupled toilets, then change it for a new flexible multikwik, the one with the jubilee clip that clamps on to the waste outlet spigot on the pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 'No Code' flo toilet problem..........please help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the night so I fitted a simple pull cord swith to turn it off at night About a month ago I recently had a blockage so pulled it apart and cleaned everything...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just installed a combination all in one WC/small basin…. Out of the fill valve there is a small tube which emits a lot of water during the refill (I believe it is known as a refill tube) and is connected directly into the overflow tube that drains into the pan, Googling suggests...
Replies
Views
Hi all, apologies in advance for my ignorance. I have an old style toilet with what I've researched is a ballcock. The toilet was screaming every time we flushed so I googled and found it was the diaphragm valve that needed replaced. I bought a pack of diaphragm seals and attempted to change...
Replies
Views
Hi. Water is slowly leaking into the toilet bowl from the cistern. I suspect that it's the rubber washer at the bottom of the tube that's the problem but I can't figure out how to get to it. I can feel it when I put my hand down to the bottom of the tube and it seems flexible but it's 16 years...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock