Discuss New WB boiler - with tepid 'hot' water! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you dont mind what have they done and roughly how much?

Move boiler (not that far, other side of wall) 1 new rad, 8 trv's, ?mag filter?, take of all rads and wash/flush out with pressure washer as opposed to system power flush. Nest stat. Took from around 730am to 6pm, two ch engineers plus a spark. ÂŁ3300.

a tad on the high side i would say but cant comment as havent seen the job

Contacted 4 ch engineers. One had to reschedule except never made another time to come round. One said he would be round and never turned up. One would like me to believe he was the second comming of Christ and there was nobody better that him; he never bothered to send me a quote. Then there was this company who did the job. All four recommended by others.

• Funny
Reactions: pip
Does this mean that say during the summer we dont have the heating on, we wont have hot water? if i switch the hw on via the nest will that heat the water only without heating the house, if that makes sense.

you should be able to just have how water on

you should be able to control the hot water from the nest

you do have a two zone nest ?

Its a 3rd gen nest, which lets me put the ch on and set temp etc and also have hw on/off/boost. Is that 2zone?

20180128_110236.jpg

yes it is

might be worth a try just putting hw on and see if any of the rads heat up because i cant see any port valves in your pics (normally by the cylinder)

Ch has just been on so will give that a try in the morning. What is the function of the port valves? I just want to be more informed when i get the company back in so they dont try and fob me off - not that i have reason to think they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New WB boiler - with tepid 'hot' water! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock