Discuss New WB boiler - with tepid 'hot' water! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening folks,

So, I am here for some independent advice, if possible. I have just had a Worcester Bosch 30cdi Classic System Boiler installed along with a ?mag filter? and some new radiators. The issue is that the hot water isn't very hot at all. I have turned the thermostat on the hot water cylinder up to 70 degrees; with no noticeable change. I was told at the point of install that the hot water dial on the boiler itself is only for if the boiler is a 'combi' and on my boiler it is essentially useless.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to why the hot water isn't very hot? I have it on for a good while giving it plenty time to heat but it doesn't make any change.

Any suggestions are welcome. Many thanks,

MR

Time to get the fitters back and ask them and they might need to change a few things

Is heating working ok ? it may be one of your external controls that is at fault or you have an airlock in the pipework to the cylinder, Call back installer . couple of photos of controls for hot water could help.

The heating seems to be ok. The installer has told me just to turn up the thermostat on the hw cylinder. I will get them back out though; i just wondered if it would be a quick fix that i could do. The image is of the boiler with the left dial being the touch temp of radiators and the right one being the hw temp. The boiler manual states the water temp is adjustable from this dial and makes mention of a ?diverter valve?

20180127_200433.png

No no no get him out to sort it as your not happy

Do you have any pics of the cylinder and boiler installation ?

• Agree
Reactions: rpm
Shaun - i will get a photo in the am. The cylinder was one that was already in the house, just a regular one not the fancy new unvented ones. I have just sent the company an email asking them to come out and take a look.

Shaun - i will get a photo in the am. The cylinder was one that was already in the house, just a regular one not the fancy new unvented ones. I have just sent the company an email asking them to come out and take a look.

Was the hot water find before the boiler change ?

So they have done something and really upto them to fix / sort it within reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New WB boiler - with tepid 'hot' water! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock