Search the forum,

Discuss New to the forum, looking to train to become a plumber. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brighty

Hi all,

As per the title really, looking to begin training to become a plumber.

Just wondering if I've left it a bit late as i've been told you cant be an apprentice after the age of 25, (i'm 23 now) No idea if that's true or not.

I've found a local college that does night courses once a week, City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Plumbing Studies
(Domestic) Would this be the best place to start?

I'm currently working full time as a delivery driver to pay the bills.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

go for it, i start by doing a six week evening course, loved it. i only started it so i could do bits of basic plumbing, then did the full level 2, then nvq, the lot. no regrets. Just maybe go with somebody for a few days to see if its your thing. Welcome to the forum, some good guys on hear giving good advice.

welcome to the forums. as whl said see if you can get a plumber to take you round for a few days, you will get the feel for whether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New to the forum, looking to train to become a plumber. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

what title says basically. I’m 23 just finished a costume degree looking to change careers (for so many reasons) but all the trades I’ve looked at seem to heavily rely on having a driving license. The issue there is that I have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) which means that my reactions are...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the industrial gas market. That ranges from installing cryogenic storage tanks, pumps and pipework to high pressure Hydrogen systems and bulk LNG. My work has...
Replies
Views
Hello all. Thanks for letting me join the forum. I am looking to train as a plumber. I currently work as a site supervisor erecting and commissioning large mining machinery, but this work has become very sporadic of late, so i need something to infill the quiet periods and think plumbing would...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I recently finished my level 2 NVQ plumbing diploma at college and I'm looking for someone to help me out with the essential 'on the tools' experience. I work full time at the moment and am used to an above min wage salary, I understand I will have to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock