Discuss New to Central heating - why does heating when its supposed to be off in summer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Silversurfer33

Hi

RE: Why does the heating go on when its supposed to be off in the summer

I'm new to understanding how central heating units (boiler) work. Its summer and i've switched all the the central heating switches off on my Suanier Duval boiler except for the hot water ...which makes the water hot in the shower and kitchen.
Why does the central heating go on from time to time when some one is in the shower?

Can someone please help me undersdtand this and possibly remedy the situation?

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the exact model of boiler?
Initially sounds like a divertor valve issue.

right, apologies - i have a Saunier Duval Combi boiler F 23 E - its a sealed system,

Hi silversurfer33,

It's most likely the reversing valve is passing ... Not the nicest of parts to replace as saunia's tend to leak for fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New to Central heating - why does heating when its supposed to be off in summer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock