Discuss New Powerflushing Machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Petefinny

Hi guys I've been browsing the Net for a powerflushing machine for myself and as they are so expensive and don't want to waste my hard earned cash on a not so good one I was wondering wether you guys had some info on the best one to buy, what are you using and is it any good? Thanks for you help

My dad has the rothenberger one which isn't so good and I have an older kamco one which is quality, the newer kamcos look nice but I haven't used one....

I'm looking at the Kamco ones now, there lookin good, anyone know what the Anton ones are like?

i have a new kamco and its very good, i have used older generations of others and think the kamco is better but cant comment on other makes current models.

I would say Kamco all they way. The rothenberger one that i had went in the skip as it was tat.

From what I hear, most people rate the Kamco as the best, but they are not cheap.

We have just bought a load of Calflush units as a hire fleet - if you can hang on a few weeks while we get feedback, I will let you know what our customers make of them.

Kamco. Used the older unit (CF30 I think) for several years, great bit of kit.

Get what you pay for

Kamco every time. Nice kit and very helpful people when you need a hand or some advice.

i have always heard that norstrom are the best? Not used one so wouldn't know. It is just what I heard

ive used the kamco cf30 for the last 5 years and its still going strong....earnt me quite a bit of dosh and highly recommend them. saw the anton one the other day and my kamco laughed at it!!

Stick with the big three, Kamco, Norstrom and Fernox, Kamco CF90 is cracking bit of kit, Norstrom most expensive, Fernox usually the cheapest but thats what I have and touch wood its been good to me

Well I've been tryin to ring kamco all mornin and no answer, looks like they have lost a sale there! On to the norstrom!

Hi guys I've been browsing the Net for a powerflushing machine for myself and as they are so expensive and don't want to waste my hard earned cash on a not so good one I was wondering wether you guys had some info on the best one to buy, what are you using and is it any good? Thanks for you help

Grahams were selling one for around ÂŁ500 and aparently so i've been told it's an ok machine for it's price its a calmag [DLMURL="http://www.calmagltd.com/power-flushing"]Calmag Power Flushing[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Grahams were selling one for around ÂŁ500 and aparently so i've been told it's an ok machine for it's price its a calmag [DLMURL="http://www.calmagltd.com/power-flushing"]Calmag Power Flushing[/DLMURL]

<sponsor alert>

Thats the machine that we just bought a load of. Don't pay that price for it without PMing me first though.

Presumably that was inc VAT Rob?

Just been in Grahams and they only do the Fernox powerflushing machine MK11 ÂŁ799 + VAT

Another very happy Kamco user here not cheap especially when you add all the aux bits but very good. I bought the Cf90 so I can do bigger houses - where people can afford my prices. Also the chaps who answer the phone have discretion to give you an extra box of chemicals - saves you ÂŁ50

can a central heating be power flushed if it is plastic pipework 15mm and 22mm , british gas are telling me will not take pressure.. can anyone clarify ? additionaly they dont guarantee plastic pipes

i have a system valiant boiler all new pipes and radiators all within 1 year old valiant attended yesterday replaced expansion vessell and presure relief and reported water contaminated with debris and water black........ warranty on hold till system cleaned there partner hometeam want ÂŁ470 plus vat incl a filter.

I know I was passing and nipped in, I wouldn't pay that for it, still undecided.

I bought the anton a year ago off ebay and has been great for me. It looks exactly the same as the norstrom pro junior. Bought a second hand magnacleanse from ebay which I attach to it.

Thought about Kamco cf90, my mate has one and says it's brilliant.

can a central heating be power flushed if it is plastic pipework 15mm and 22mm , british gas are telling me will not take pressure.. can anyone clarify ? additionaly they dont guarantee plastic pipes

i have a system valiant boiler all new pipes and radiators all within 1 year old valiant attended yesterday replaced expansion vessell and presure relief and reported water contaminated with debris and water black........ warranty on hold till system cleaned there partner hometeam want ÂŁ470 plus vat incl a filter.

Foxyuk
The person you spoke to doesn't understand what they are selling, powerflushing works on velocity not pressure. I thought ÂŁ470 inc filtre was very good value, if another member has PM'd you a cheaper deal i'd bite his hand off. In fact if he lived a bit nearer to me i'd be subbing my work out to him :yes:

Foxyuk
The person you spoke to doesn't understand what they are selling, powerflushing works on velocity not pressure. I thought ÂŁ470 inc filtre was very good value, if another member has PM'd you a cheaper deal i'd bite his hand off. In fact if he lived a bit nearer to me i'd be subbing my work out to him :yes:

just spoke with hometeam whom advised they did not realise it was plastic pipes up tofloor level then copper fins and would only do a silver cleanse at ÂŁ500 incl vat....((( difference in pressure))) to me a system less than year old seems total extreme b/gas guy offf the record told me to get system flushed a few times then fit a filter.

whats the chances that a full new system needs powerflush within a year of fitting. whether its not been flushed correctly from install would a redo not work?

Foxyuk

'whats the chances that a full new system needs powerflush within a year of fitting.' SLIM I'm assuming that it wasn't a whole new system?

Always fit a filter - preferably at the time of installation

Just been in Grahams and they only do the Fernox powerflushing machine MK11 ÂŁ799 + VAT

This is the problem with the nationals, if i go into thier branch in Hamilton they say they don't sell a specific item but if i go into East Kilbride thay say they do. or if i'm back home in Bolton visiting family they say i ain't got an account when i have. Grahams is very disorganised place.

Foxyuk

'whats the chances that a full new system needs powerflush within a year of fitting.' SLIM I'm assuming that it wasn't a whole new system?

Always fit a filter - preferably at the time of installation

was a full system throughout started from scratch, 15mm and 22mm polypipe with copper fins, delonghi rads and valiant 837 unit .

in addition what filter would you recommend ,???

ironic thing is i have not paid the installer yet as keeps failing to answer phone, last night i text him he promised a call last night did not call so need to move on

Kamco, expensive but the best imho, Ive just sold mine found its cheaper now to hire them from Williams rather than have a 1k's worth of kit, you can charge the same amount and stick the hire charge on top.

just spoke with hometeam whom advised they did not realise it was plastic pipes up tofloor level then copper fins and would only do a silver cleanse at ÂŁ500 incl vat....((( difference in pressure))) to me a system less than year old seems total extreme b/gas guy offf the record told me to get system flushed a few times then fit a filter.

whats the chances that a full new system needs powerflush within a year of fitting. whether its not been flushed correctly from install would a redo not work?

I'd gladly come round and give you a qoute on a non powerflush and fit a Fernox TF1 magnetic cleanser, this is were i stick cleanser in for about a week and then come back empty the system and fit the filter and put inhibitor in.. my website is below in my signature. If you want me to qoute then i can pm you or you get my contact details off my site.

Cheers

Rob.

There are a load of us on here that work in around Glasgow, so no shortage of pro's

Last edited:
was a full system throughout started from scratch, 15mm and 22mm polypipe with copper fins, delonghi rads and valiant 837 unit .

in addition what filter would you recommend ,???

I too would recommend the Fernox although the Magnatech is also very good. if the system is as dirty as you say, you should flush it as not doing so will, as i understand it, invalidate the boiler warranty

Hi there i would just like to update you on my powerflushing machine purchase, i went for the anton powerflushing machine, it was best priced and do's what i need it to do, cant wait to pick it up and start making some cash.

Just on the flushing, is putting cleaner into the system worth the money? Is it better to just get a full power flush? Was at house today where there are cold spots in couple of rads and wondering if cleaner will get rid of them?

You can try it first, put the cleaner in run it for a few days, see if it resolves the problem if not then powerflush, is the water black?

Yea,waters black but I know when I tell them the cost of draining down system, putting in 2 bottles of cleaner and saying that it might not work they're not going to be too impressed!! It's a holiday home so the heat is put on very rarely

If you don't then its gonna cost em more in the long run! New boiler etc, save it while you can!

forget about any other pf machine get this TOOL

I also have this and its excellent tool
[DLMURL="http://www.norstrom.co.uk/prods_proflush_proflush.htm"]Norstrom Group Limited[/DLMURL]

made my money from it on the first few jobs

I just got a new fernox one, the last fernox one we had lasted 10 years and was still working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Powerflushing Machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, recently had a bit of a dispute over a quote asking me to break it down etc saying they can buy this from X for Y.. how much is...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back