Search the forum,

Discuss New kitchen tap advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi

Customer wants new kitchen tap.

Their set up is combi boiler & mains cold which has good pressure.

The tap they've seen states for high pressure systems only.

Any thoughts?

Also, it states that if the hot & cold are unbalanced then a listed check valve must be fitted upstream on both hot & cold supplies.

Where would these be fitted please?

Thanks

It is a high pressure system and unless pressure loss through combi is excessive balancing valve will not be required.

high pressure is for mains use and not gravity (eg not a tank) so your fine

and re check valves eg mains cold tank hot, so there is a chance the cold could back feed into the hot

So a combi & main cold is balanced?

Can you give an example of unbalanced?

Combi & tank fed cold? Say to basin / bath taps?

So a combi & main cold is balanced?

Can you give an example of unbalanced?

Combi & tank fed cold? Say to basin / bath taps?

combi and main cold (balanced)

tank hot and cold mains (cold mains has more pressure than tank hot) (unbalanced)

Lovely thx, I've got it.

So on a direct system where all cold are mains fed but hot is tank fed check valves might be a good idea & it'd be classed as a low pressure system?

But if cold mains & unvented then high pressure again? As per balanced?

Always check the instructions though as some 'balanced systems' need flow limiters for the shower to work properly. As the combi can slow the flow of the hot down quick a lot to hear ir

Lovely thx, I've got it.

So on a direct system where all cold are mains fed but hot is tank fed check valves might be a good idea & it'd be classed as a low pressure system?

But if cold mains & unvented then high pressure again? As per balanced?

yes to stop the cold overpowering the hot and pushing back up into the cswc

and yes if feed off mains the balanced

"Lost terminology", still applicable. If you're camping and someone pees in river, upstream is where you fill the kettle.

Any taps that mix in the body should have check valves fitted, as should mixer showers although their never fitted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New kitchen tap advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock