Discuss New Gledhill Stainless Lite Indirect Unvented alarming popping noises. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

So, the PRV is set, non adjustable, to 3.0bar and the EV pre pressure is 2.8bar?. I'd love to see a pressure gauge somewhere on these cylinders to see what exactly is going on.

Hi TGF - apologies for reviving the thread - been looking on the forums and am active in a couple of related posts - did you sort out your issues? My set up sounds very similar indeed to yours - mains supplied the cold for taps/shower, PRV under sink to limit to 3bar, combination bloc has balanced cold not used. The cylinder is fed its water from a supply pipe from the mains which goes through the combination bloc and then into the cylinder. Do you have mixer showers/taps/monoblocs etc as most people probably do (with cold off mains directly and hot from cylinder)?

The manufacture date of my cylinder is January 2021. I have had BG/Dyno out a few times but with little success and the cylinder bangs (not always) when heating up - it appears to be worse when hot water is drawn down a bit. I have contacted Gledhill to see what is going on. Depending on what happens I may have to call BG out again. Regardless of when it was fitted, it was them who did so and I do have the Homecare cover so hopefully I can get this resolved somehow..

I ran out of patience and replaced the tank with one recommended on the other thread to be honest. Your symptoms sound exactly the same, ours got worse and worse it was cracking and popping and banging on heat up and when water was drawn down. Ours was only 4 months old.

Thanks for coming back. Gledhill seem to be aware of the problem. The proposed fix is to rivet the seam on the outer casing which is contracting and expanding. If this doesn't fix then the cylinder will likely need replaced. Another person with a similar issue suggested the fix worked. I am waiting to see what happens and will chase along but will give this a go and see what happens especially as BG don't seem willing to replace just now and I would rather not buy a new cylinder myself.

Not got a pic but it's the opposite side to the main branding and logo. They have assured the cylinder is safe etc which is good but clearly the manufacturing process on a few wasn't great. Hopefully when it's done it wil solve the issue which is the same as others on cool down and the subsequent heat up.

Reply to New Gledhill Stainless Lite Indirect Unvented alarming popping noises. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock