Discuss new gas safe module in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

migoplumber

has anybody heard of the new module the hse are adding to the gas safelis, regarding national grid ??
apparently in a few weeks time national grid will have a list of "approved contractors" after they have been called out to an incident. apparently they will just cap off as normal - but now, the owner cant just call any gas safe engineer. they have to have this new module allowing them to come in and follow national grid ?

not heard of that yet shaun sounds like a way of making more paper trails and money for some orginization

Can't see that being allowed under some kind of fair trade rules after all as long as your qualified and registered it's the tenants choice who they get to do remedial works.

Are you meaning the new module for Co incidents and monoxide alarm activations?
CMDDA1 I think it is.

dont really know at the moment, it was just a rumour until yesterday. going to find out next wednesday, so shall let you know !

There's no way something like that can be brought in at such short notice.
It would be phased in over a few years just as CPA 1 was.

If it was work that currently only N-G can do then it may be possible although I can't think what it could be.

Edit, quick search finds the answer;

Prize goes to grahamgas;

It was originally discussed when CPA was first being discussed.

http://www.sgas.co.uk/gas-courses/cmdda1

Last edited:
hmm, interesting.
does this mean more money to poke out or is the door shut in many of our faces?

Maybe gassafepr can respond on here and give a a definitive awnser?!

the ESP cannot restrict a customers choice of GSR, they act to make the situation safe (allegedly) then they have no remit in the house, potentially it might be something to do with fumes investigation but i havent heard anything

Open wallet surgery again.

Some burger is being paid a fortune to dream up ways of splitting existing competencies into ever smaller fields to increase fees to us, the great unwashed.

TWO DAYS to do a course and assessment that could easily be covered in an hour during CPA1 or one day otherwise.

It does rather smack of this, surely all the basic safety checks that are required to work on gas are covered in the core module!

Somebody s making a fortune out of certification. I think they might be trying to cover the cost of yearly inflation by bringing out a new course every year. I wonder what will happen if inflation rises, 3,000 certificates and courses you have to go on to light a fire? Problem is the guys they want to pay for it will all be skint having to spend all their time sitting courses without actually being able to go out and earn money. There has got to be a better way to do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new gas safe module in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just browsing the threads and this one here // www .plumbersforums. net /threads /bldg-regs-compliance-interlock.103043/ caught my eye. 1. If a...
Replies
Views
We had a Gloworm Energy 7 30r Boiler fitted in Jan 22 to replace a British Gas Boiler (which was a Glowworm Rebranded ) when the heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
Catherine Dick was prosecuted by Halton Borough Council Trading Standards. The 33-year-old from Clayton Crescent in Runcorn, pleaded guilty to...
Replies
Views
H
Hi I wonder if anyone can help please. I'm building a new small house and propose to install a natural gas kiln in an outbuilding. The new house...
Replies
Views
Hotwork40
H
    • Optimistic
Hi Guys - sorry but this is going to be a long post! Recently had some work done in my house to move a boiler, clean cold water tank and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock