Search the forum,

Discuss New combi boiler existing pipework question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bakedpitch

I intend to replace my combi boiler with a new one. The existing gas/central heating pipes run under the floor and then are enclosed in the wall until they emerge underneath the boiler. I am being given conflicting information relating to these pipes. One party says new pipes will have to be rerouted to come through the floor and then run up outside the wall (inside the room) up to the new boiler. Another party said the existing pipes can remain inside the wall and simply connected to the new boiler.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Can I use the existing pipes or do I have to get new ones run up outside the wall?

Unless you are having a larger boiler fitted due to extension (adding rads, bathroom, more demand for hot water), and the fitter needs to increase the gas pipe size, he may want to run it surface to save chasing wall out......other than that as steve said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New combi boiler existing pipework question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Does anyone have any feedback as to which is best. Running the pipe from the outdoor gas meter to a new boiler on an outside wall or run the pipe under the floor (suspended timber) which is our existing setup and the new boiler is being sited in same location as old. I ask just in...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
New built home. Has a combi on a 2 heating zones. The issue boiler located inside garage has a frost stat and a status ct100 pipe stat. The boiler is running through the night and the radiator on the 2nd zone that room is roasting hot. Any suggestions? The pipe stat is on 40 degrees can this...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
I
  • Question
Hi, just a quick question. Do I need to fill my combi boiler to run it for hot tap water only? I'm planning to drain the system and leave it drained a while so I can decorate and change some pipes and rads.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock