Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss new boy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the rev

hi guys
looking at a change of job dabbled at plumbing but would like to do it as a full time having problems finding a good training scheme:)

[DLMURL]http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-courses-feedback/[/DLMURL]

read up on them all here.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi red
cor m8 i didn't realise how many idiot tutor systems there is out there sounds like thay all want your MONEY and nothing else. Still cant find any good feedback on access2trade centre ive phoned there rep tonight 19/10/09 prety much demanding some sort of evidence that thay do the training that thay say thay do and where i can find any sort of feedback. That got the bugger going
with thanks
the rev

where do yu live?
train4trade is one i know that will give c&g at the centre, not to sure about nvq tho but its covered,
brother-in-law was doin this one for about ÂŁ5k

I paid ÂŁ5621 with OLCI and got 6129 level 2,Part P,unvented systems and NVQ2(yet to set that up).I really enjoyed the course and learnt a lot. I know the real learning starts out in the real world,but it gives you core knowledge and gets you on the first rung of a very long ladder. Hey everyone has to start somewhere. In my opinion the tutors and knowledge were brilliant,the down side was the clerical side up in London...can you say NIGHTMARE!!!!!
If you look at OlCI make sure you know clearly what you're getting...as you have to do some chasing up now and then.
Good Luck

hi redsaw
ive made a bit of a misstake on the cost of this course its not 7k but 6k (//) which is in about line with all the outher course's?
i live in redhill surrey . But the course you are talking about the T2T there's alot of people not happy with that one and that goes for the OLCI type as well ??
JUST WHAT DO I DO ???

t4t aint that bad as a package, it depends what you put in to it and if you are mature enough to make the most of it, but i dont know the age range and expectations of those who complain. however i am totaly unconnected with any.
around london (incidently, ever been to st georges hill? done some work in there), there is the plumbing accademy, some good opinions of them on this site.
reactafast birmingham is supposed to be good, i know some one who went there worked on a franchise and is gas safe earning a lot of bunga now.
at the end of the day its your money you takes the choice. courses range from ÂŁ400 to ÂŁ15,000.

Yes i see your point .The only time you see any comments about any thing is when some body / thing goes wrong or people just do any homework on just what thay are just about to do. But will moan there heads off about just how bad it was or maybe thay expected all there quals deliver'd on a plate? BUT ive got on to access2trade to day to find out just what goes on up there and got agood responce i think. ive been invited up there for 2 days to see the site and talk to the instructors and people takeing the course and have a chat with there careers team and the rep who spoke to me is going to take me up there and back this is going to be done before i pay a thing.Ive done as much reseach as i can on this team and i think thay will be the way for me .whats your view or anybodys in that case

thanks for the advise m8

Alright rev. There are plenty of training out there that give you proper qualifications. I did my 6129 l2 with OLCI like helpsy, I was at their place in Manchester. I know you get the proper certificates there cos Ive got em! The package I did included the NVQ2 which you have to do on site, and they helped a few of the other guys on the course find placements to do it. Not sure which centre helpsy was at but Manc was also pretty good, sound blokes on the course, tutors know what they’re doing and you know you’re getting the proper qualifications at the end of it. I did my 6129 in 8 weeks so not too long to get on your way. Never had any probs with the clerical people, rung em a few times but no problems. This sort of course is just the begining and you obviously learn a lot more once you get out there, but olcis definitely a decent place.

hi mikef68
thanks for your advice on this .It just goes to show all thease courses realy are a matter of if the hat fits. Helpsy and you are happy with the olci redsaw is happy with the T4T i think its just a case of finding the right one for you / me. Ive had the mob from access2trade on the phone today trying to sort finnance but its not the package i want now even more pd off about that?. how much did your course cost or should i wait till nxt year to start at my local collage doing night school ( crawley nr gatwick) for the next 2yrs

Hi mikef68
I did my training with OLCI in Bristol.Going next Thursday to do the bpec unvented.

helpsy
how does you course work .ie evening. day release.or are you working and / or doing the course in you own time

Hi the rev
I did my 6129 level 2 over about a year whilst I was working in my day job in construction and come home and do the coursework of a night and at weekends.
I was made redundant back in July just as I passed the course,and am now out on my own( I would have liked to have got in with an old boy to gain experience, but had to go it alone).
I have yet to do my unvented, part P and NVQ2 all covered with my course.
I had to work through modules and do self progress checks to see if you've understood and taken information in, and then send a multichoice assessment off to be marked and if you passed that ,they would send you the next module.
You had a choice of 4 answers, 1 you could discount straight away as usually had nothing to do with the module in question,after a little thought you could erase another one and the 2 that were left over were quite possibly both correct, it would be down to what you would think would be the more prominent answer.
I think there was 13 modules if I remember correctly.
If you're focused on learning the theory shouldn't be a problem.
You would attend the workshop for practical training(I would just take the days off work out of my holiday allowance)and then you would also attend to do the practical exams and online theory exams.
Hope this helps in any way
If you require anymore info don't hesitate to ask

Last edited:
hi helpsy
m8 you have been a GREAT HELP thanks .i will let you know how things transpire .As for asking for any info your dam right i will ask
rev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to new boy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock