Discuss New boiler quotes, what's the going rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not questioning your method or ability. Its only water and it only your home

It appears like your quite competent, just go ahead and do it. Air testing plastic pipework ain't a brilliant method for tightness testing but it better than no test
Most of us prefer a system to be completely copper

Air compresses, water doesn't. Plastic pipes have to be pressure tested to the mi's. Or no claims on failure.

The best I can do short of hiring a hydraulic tester, is to fill with water and pump up the air will at least rise to the high points so everything else will be hydraulic tested. I'm pretty sure there won't be any leaks the bits I have done so far have held 2 bar overnight.

Should be 10 bar water at fault the system can go to 3 and test needs to be at least 11/2 times that

Yes well that's what he's said
It is. I'd have a crack at the boiler but I have enough on my plate, want the warranty and I just can't be bothered doing the boiler as well. The plumbing is easy, radiators on the walls copper risers then plastic for the rest, supported every 300mm, insulated to water bylaws in the cold areas, as thick as I can go every where else especially in the DHW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler quotes, what's the going rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock