Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss netaheat 6/10 change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildcard

Gas Engineer
cust has a 6/10 fitted & flued to the right as you look at it which i need to change.Can anyone recommend a boiler where the flue hole needs little cutting away.The n/heat flue is the round type terminal not the square outlet.
Really im looking for a quick swap over.
Thanks

If the flue goes to the right you will find its too close to the wall the boiler is sat on for most modern boilers. The worcester ri is 127mm to the centre of the flur to the side and can be run at an angle to reduce the amount of chopping out you have to do.

Hope this helps

Quick swap! How long to core a hole? 10 minutes including getting the gear from the van and putting it back plus 10 minutes if you have a *** while your doing it, to fill the other hole up.
I think i'd rather offer my preferred choice of boiler than stick something in to suit a hole in the wall.

Quick swap! How long to core a hole? 10 minutes including getting the gear from the van and putting it back plus 10 minutes if you have a *** while your doing it, to fill the other hole up.
I think i'd rather offer my preferred choice of boiler than stick something in to suit a hole in the wall.
unless its 23 inch solid stone

Add an extra 10 minutes if you have the right gear Mark :wink:

27" up here
had one last week,3 hours with the kango and makita sds max,had to rebuild the kango it overheated and the guts fell out

had one last week,3 hours with the kango and makita sds max,had to rebuild the kango it overheated and the guts fell out

To be honest Mark i've cored a couple of Craigleith stone in the new town that have taken me 4 -5 hrs and one also 3 core bits.

With the old Big Flued boilers we used to hack the full stones out with a hammer and chisel in about an hour.

To be honest Mark i've cored a couple of Craigleith stone in the new town that have taken me 4 -5 hrs and one also 3 core bits.

With the old Big Flued boilers we used to hack the full stones out with a hammer and chisel in about an hour.
when i started with my dad i used to either use a hammer or chisel to fit baxi bf,s or his kango but it was the pointy bit and it was crap so i would end up stitching with a drill and knocking out,biggest problem was once the 18 inch chisel run out of length it was a pig trying to slam a crowbar through a 23 inch wall,normal brick with cavity's or rattrap was easy though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to netaheat 6/10 change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I want to replace the old single panel rad in the bedroom with a K2 double panel Stelrad one. I think I'm OK in general and relatively...
Replies
Views
The rusty bit with a hole at the top looks quite old, feels flimsy, and is a single skin 100mm x 400mm. The boiler has a 600mm new pipe rising...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I bought my house last year and recently had a couple of radiators swapped for modern triple columns. Since they were installed they...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, looking for some advice please. So I've got a 25 year old Ideal classic NF40 boiler. We live in a naturally warm house so only have the...
Replies
Views
M
Hope this is in the right forum. We've a utility room radiator with 10mm pipework; fitted about 6 years ago it has a BOSS TRV which has failed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock