Search the forum,

Discuss multi tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wattsie1987

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Looking to get a multi tool 240v willing to pay up to £150 what do you guys recommend? Will mostly be used for wood and copper.

Yep I definetly recommend the Fein. I think you can get the basic kit for around that price

have 2 worx sonicrafters excellent bit of kit but there new model is now more powerful and will use any brand of blade ,there 90 quid everywhere this is a absolute bargain
[DLMURL]http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/worx-wx676-250w-universal-sonicrafter,-multi-tool-172464[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I bough a makia one broke after first use so just bought a fieln one very nice

The feins are epic tools, yes the blades are daft money. But other manufactures blades just don't work anywhere near as well.

Does anyone know if the fein supercut is better than the multimaster? Worth the extra money?

The fein blades do last longer and can be sourced cheap if search tinternet. I've Saxton and fein blades and both are good but fein last longer. I'm sure I sourced long lasting blades really cheap. When on laptop il have look and post link.

Looking at the fein multimaster starter kit ebay item 121266599108. Will mainly be used for notching joists cutting back panels and box work and occasionally cutting copper pipes or nails ext. Will this be upto that or should I be looking to spend more and get a better model? Also has anyone cut iron pipe with one? And will I be needing other blades other than it comes with?

For notching joists you need something strong and with cheap blades, jigsaw, recip saw or circular saw.

No swearing on the forum key. Notch is a swear word lol

Yea use a circular at the the moment was hoping to use it for joists near walls and if I am only doing a few. On the vids it looked ideal do you not think it will be up to it?

Yea use a circular at the the moment was hoping to use it for joists near walls and if I am only doing a few. On the vids it looked ideal do you not think it will be up to it?
Get a evolution rage recoprocatiing saw for fifty sheets from screwfix. Its awesome. Much more appropriate for joists than a multitool.

Looking at the fein multimaster starter kit ebay item 121266599108. Will mainly be used for notching joists cutting back panels and box work and occasionally cutting copper pipes or nails ext. Will this be upto that or should I be looking to spend more and get a better model? Also has anyone cut iron pipe with one? And will I be needing other blades other than it comes with?

They're great for wood, but anything denser than copper. Forget it.

Used multitool for first time last week to cut a bit of copper in concrete floor, no play whatsoever and confined space. Did the job. Has anyone used them to cut barrell pipe

Right made my mind up going to get the multi master 350q top set looked at festool but way too pricey for the amount I'll be using it.

Used multitool for first time last week to cut a bit of copper in concrete floor, no play whatsoever and confined space. Did the job. Has anyone used them to cut barrell pipe

I've used mine to cut off old barrel level with walls and floors. Bit time consuming but it was the only tool that cut it flush without destroying everything else.

I've got the Fein Multimaster must be about 4 years old and replacedthe variable speed switch. Can make awkward jobs become easy.

Does anyone know if the fein supercut is better than the multimaster? Worth the extra money?

I've used one but don't own one. It is better in that it has significantly more power (400w) rather than 250w and a different tool clamping system BUT if you're just using it to cut plastic & copper pipe and the odd floor board probably not worth the extra. I have an original multi master and it was a great tool replaced with a makita (320w) which does the job atm (£90 from Toolstop). The Dewalt looks very comprehensive too but I just wanted a basic cutting tool for awkward jobs as I already had a bucket of blades.

Not a chance it'll cut anything harder than copper.

Best thing I found for that recently is a Milwaukee M12 hacksaw, small enough to get between and cut joists and powerful enough to cut most things with the right blade. A few OTHER manufacturers produce mini reciprocating saws and there are a few mains ones about like this AEG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to multi tool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock