Search the forum,

Discuss Moving bathroom to front of house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matt99

[FONT=&quot]I would like to move the bathroom in a Victorian semi in Sheffield from its current position at the back of the house to a portioned off section of the very large front bedroom to create an extra bedroom where the (currently large) bathroom is. I understand this will involve installing a new soil pipe at the front of the house (I would have considered running the pipe sideways out of the side of the house but the joists run front to back so I presume this isn't possible and the distance would be too great to run it to the existing soil pipe at the back). I could then also install an en-suite in the loft bedroom running to the same soil pipe at the front.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Does anyone have a rough idea how much it might cost to have this work done by a professional? I'm only looking for a rough estimate as I know these things vary. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I've spent many hours trawling the internet for information about this but have heard lots of conflicting information. Also, Saniflo isn't an option as they're terrible.[/FONT]

How long is a piece of string. Far too many factors to guess mate. Get some plumbers round to quote, maybe one of our guys would be interested. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Problem with bathrooms there are just to many eventualities to guess

Ps saniflos are not terrible if installed correctly. So many arent

Saniflo`s are a last resort and they are as good as the installation and the people using it !!!

Also there must be another bathroom in the property on mains drainage.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, from what I've seen there are a lot of variables. I think there is a manhole near the front of the property that is accessible if that helps. But as a general guide - are we talking £5k? £15k? I haven't moved in yet but will of course get some quotations when I have. I'm just trying to find out if it's even remotely possible at the moment so I can factor in what can and can't be done for my budget. Thanks again!

No one can say it's possible without seeing it mate.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, from what I've seen there are a lot of variables. I think there is a manhole near the front of the property that is accessible if that helps. But as a general guide - are we talking £5k? £15k? I haven't moved in yet but will of course get some quotations when I have. I'm just trying to find out if it's even remotely possible at the moment so I can factor in what can and can't be done for my budget. Thanks again!

I'd say less than £50k to start you off

Get a builder in to quote if you're serious

Anything is possible if you have the money
Got any floor plans etc

Anything is possible if you have the money
Got any floor plans etc

I'll attach a first floor floorplan. The wall with the chimney breasts is not attached to another house and the joists run front to back.
First Floor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just one thing considering you haven`t moved in yet why are you so sure which way the joists run?

Just one thing considering you haven`t moved in yet why are you so sure which way the joists run?

Because when I saw the floorplan I had this in mind then, on viewing, I looked under the carpet.

Also, the front bedroom is actually 5.2 metres wide, which would allow for bathroom of around 2.6 x 1.8 and a bedroom of around 3.8 x 3.3 which seems reasonable to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Moving bathroom to front of house in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my worry is how do i connect to the existing soil pipe , or is it possible to dig under where the new loo will be in case the soil pipe runs along the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and then through the kitchen to the drains. A while back I started to hear a drip hitting the kitchen ceiling (now with some ceiling evidence too) from...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m just DIYing a bathroom refurb and came across this blanked off pipe in the wall that protrudes out about 2cm. The previous owners tiled round it and left it exposed which makes me think that it was left in situ on purpose. We don’t actually use gas in the house and don’t have a...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs above but there is no sign of leakage on the ceiling. The main drain run from the manhole at the back runs under the kitchen, which has a solid floor...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock