Discuss Motoriised valve getting warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gazz27

I have never noticed this before but my motorised valve is getting warm. The heating and hot water are off as I use my immersion to heat my hot water. It could be heat from the hot water tank but seems a bit hotter than I would expect. All worked OK in the Winter / Spring. The lever on the side is free.

Any thoughts is this OK.

Gary

Just turn your hot water on briefly (on programmer, not immersion) this will return the motor into its hot water/rest position as its currently pulling against spring tension to stay in the heating position which is why its getting hot.

Just turn your hot water on briefly (on programmer, not immersion) this will return the motor into its hot water/rest position as its currently pulling against spring tension to stay in the heating position which is why its getting hot.

Can you explain why it has got into this position, I did power off the boiler the other day and noticed the motor moved and then cooled down so I assume that did sort of what you suggested, but the next day it went back again. What is causing it to go to the heating position when the heating is turned off at the controller.

Many thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its difficult to say with out being there, you might have some stray voltage or the head could be faulty. Try running the hot water and see if the radiators get hot, it won't fully prove the head but if the radiators stay off we know the body is moving freely.
Also do you know what brand the valve is?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Motoriised valve getting warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
D
Hi. Turned my heating on for the 1st time today, i bled every radiator as haven't done it since last winter. upstairs worked fine but an hour...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, just want to get some advise, basically new vaillant regular boiler has been fitted approx 5 yrs ago, i believe it was back boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock