Discuss More expensive than BG! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I never even knew it was possible until today!

Anyway just done an open vented boiler changover,new valves and new Y plan controls. I was cheapest at £1800 for worcester 15ri (I'm not VAT) BG was 2300 (boiler only) and there were another 2 companies coming in at 3k to 3.5k(boiler only) and claiming customer was getting 400 boiler scrappage!!

Scandalous.

just a swap?

just put a price in for the same job+ unblock replace 1 rad, £1857
but with a decent boiler!!

BG vary their proces based on demand. Sometimes you can get a decent deal from them like in your example. Never known them to swap a boiler for less than 2k labour though, at least down here.

Last one I saw remember a charge of £24 for a "Worcester Filling Loop" on a system boiler quote. I'd love to hear their response if someone turned around and said Nah I dont want that bit..

Last edited:
just put a price in for the same job+ unblock replace 1 rad, £1857
but with a decent boiler!!

U not rate the Worcester 15ri? I quoted for vaillant too but she went for Worcester. I need to go back tomorrow was a blockage at pump and electricians didn't get there until 6pm. Flush n commission tomorrow morning then job done.

U not rate the Worcester 15ri? I quoted for vaillant too but she went for Worcester. I need to go back tomorrow was a blockage at pump and electricians didn't get there until 6pm. Flush n commission tomorrow morning then job done.

tbh, never fitted that boiler. its that i just dont like wb & i have one!!lol

Around here customers thinks Worcester is the mutts nuts so give them what they want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to More expensive than BG! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Need some advice as to way forwards with customer and boiler. Was called initially as boiler was indicating 3bar at gauge and...
Replies
Views
L
Hi guys, I have moved in to a new property and our old conventional boiler has failed completely. It is a large 3 bed flat on the second...
Replies
Views
luco_bellic
L
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock