Search the forum,

Discuss More expensive than BG! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I never even knew it was possible until today!

Anyway just done an open vented boiler changover,new valves and new Y plan controls. I was cheapest at £1800 for worcester 15ri (I'm not VAT) BG was 2300 (boiler only) and there were another 2 companies coming in at 3k to 3.5k(boiler only) and claiming customer was getting 400 boiler scrappage!!

Scandalous.

just a swap?

just put a price in for the same job+ unblock replace 1 rad, £1857
but with a decent boiler!!

BG vary their proces based on demand. Sometimes you can get a decent deal from them like in your example. Never known them to swap a boiler for less than 2k labour though, at least down here.

Last one I saw remember a charge of £24 for a "Worcester Filling Loop" on a system boiler quote. I'd love to hear their response if someone turned around and said Nah I dont want that bit..

Last edited:
just put a price in for the same job+ unblock replace 1 rad, £1857
but with a decent boiler!!

U not rate the Worcester 15ri? I quoted for vaillant too but she went for Worcester. I need to go back tomorrow was a blockage at pump and electricians didn't get there until 6pm. Flush n commission tomorrow morning then job done.

U not rate the Worcester 15ri? I quoted for vaillant too but she went for Worcester. I need to go back tomorrow was a blockage at pump and electricians didn't get there until 6pm. Flush n commission tomorrow morning then job done.

tbh, never fitted that boiler. its that i just dont like wb & i have one!!lol

Around here customers thinks Worcester is the mutts nuts so give them what they want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to More expensive than BG! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock