Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Mixer shower on unvented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil T

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Hi,
I need to replace a shower mixer valve on an unvented system, and as it's concealed there are no isolated valves. Is there anything specific I have to do to system to isolate h/w or is it just like a standard g/fed system and shut cold off and h/w feed on cylinder?
Cheers

just turn cold mains off and drain down and then follow mis if its a megaflow for refilling

Would there be a valve on h/w flow from cylinder that I could just turn off rather than drain cylinder? I've done that on g/fed systems but need to check as it's unvented and don't want to bugga system up. Also do I have to isolate the elecs to cylinder?

Would there be a valve on h/w flow from cylinder that I could just turn off rather than drain cylinder? I've done that on g/fed systems but need to check as it's unvented and don't want to bugga system up. Also do I have to isolate the elecs to cylinder?

If direct yes if indirect just turn programs off and you will need the cold off so just easier to turn mains off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer shower on unvented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock