Search the forum,

Discuss Minor Electrical works training Scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I seem to be locked out of the plumbing courses section so gonna post it here

anyone know of any courses offering minor electrical work in Scotland? Reason I ask is most of the time we have the boiler wired up etc before the spark even gets to the job so all they do is a few tests and produce a certificate, was wondering if it would be worth my while getting the training so I can do it myself.

There are a few places doing them. Costs about £500 for a weeks course.
They you need to spend around another £4-500 every year on getting in with a registered body like Elecsa, Select etc and another 500 or so on a multifunction tester.
Not worth the bother unless you were guaranteed making a decent return on it.

well the company is registered with leccy body so i could just go on their registration wouldnt be expensive, and we are doing 2 boilers a day

If the company has sparks already they are unlikely to put you through the course and buy you the test kit you need, connect the boiler with a fly lead to commission then get out of there, it's not worth the hassle, the sparks will be getting blotted for price the same as you, so you will get paid what they get and won't save any time pass it on, too much hassle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Minor Electrical works training Scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, need your honest views if you would be so kind. I’m 48 and work for the NHS (office based) and earn 44k a year. Ive been do fustrated and fed up in my work for so long that I’ve enrolled to do my gas safe and become an engineer. I know it’s hard work but I’m really excited and I’d love to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the boiler running again. The only reason it has not been used i so long is the the zone valve kept getting stuck (would have fixed this myself if i knew!)...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for a heating system circulation pump for a domestic install, with 3 speeds, where the speed can be toggled electrically as well as via a push switch on the pump body. I'm using this pump with a wood boiler stove, where I want to run the pump at its slowest...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't compatible with the new universal one, but the wiring was pretty close AFAICT (N, L, 1, 3 & 4 connected) .When I first powered it up but didn't have any TRVs...
Replies
Views
N
Our ~15-year-old boiler just broke down (the spark igniter gave out), and set out a discussion to go ahead and replace it, as it's starting to kettle as well, and it will probably just be downhill from here. Background: 1905 built (renovated in 2010) Edwardian terraced. The house is 2 floors...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock