Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Minor Electrical works training Scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I seem to be locked out of the plumbing courses section so gonna post it here

anyone know of any courses offering minor electrical work in Scotland? Reason I ask is most of the time we have the boiler wired up etc before the spark even gets to the job so all they do is a few tests and produce a certificate, was wondering if it would be worth my while getting the training so I can do it myself.

There are a few places doing them. Costs about £500 for a weeks course.
They you need to spend around another £4-500 every year on getting in with a registered body like Elecsa, Select etc and another 500 or so on a multifunction tester.
Not worth the bother unless you were guaranteed making a decent return on it.

well the company is registered with leccy body so i could just go on their registration wouldnt be expensive, and we are doing 2 boilers a day

If the company has sparks already they are unlikely to put you through the course and buy you the test kit you need, connect the boiler with a fly lead to commission then get out of there, it's not worth the hassle, the sparks will be getting blotted for price the same as you, so you will get paid what they get and won't save any time pass it on, too much hassle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Minor Electrical works training Scotland in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock