Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss mexico slimline cf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

neily01

Could you give me advise/thoughts on a floor stander cf in a builders opening with a flue liner on view up into a chimney breast. Have not seen one for a long while,ncs ?

Yep about 300mm pretty straight up, would have been done about 30 years ago.

if passing FF and spillage and ventilation correct NCS be careful here though if the flue heights not correct as well(not saying it is) 2 x flue issues = AR

Good ventilation no signs of scorching good clearances.flue flow good spillage good.

ithink theres alot of stuff out there done like that, and its ncs. if you have turned out to service the boiler i would carry out the usual safety checks with the flue etc and give the customer something in writing to inform them that its ncs and the hot surface of the flue needs some form of protection. i would be interested to hear what others would do tho because its been there 30 years

ithink theres alot of stuff out there done like that, and its ncs. if you have turned out to service the boiler i would carry out the usual safety checks with the flue etc and give the customer something in writing to inform them that its ncs and the hot surface of the flue needs some form of protection. i would be interested to hear what others would do tho because its been there 30 years
its been there 30 years ,its ncs ,simple

Would love to id/ar as just dont like it .like you say hot surfaces etc but didnt feel i could make a solid argument on something thats been thers and working without problem for 30 years

Forgetting about the flueing issue i like the old things. Its nice to get the brushes out and be able to give something a good old clean up gives me a warm feeling inside a bit like readybrek lol. And as long as they are looked after theres nothing wrong with the old'uns!

Forgetting about the flueing issue i like the old things. Its nice to get the brushes out and be able to give something a good old clean up gives me a warm feeling inside a bit like readybrek lol. And as long as they are looked after theres nothing wrong with the old'uns!

I love the old ones. Easier to fix aswell.

My favourite is the old baxi WM, the one that's like a back boiler but on someone's kitchen wall. It's easy to take apart and there always full of crap, I think people appreciate an old school service more, as opposed to the FGA and gas rate type service you have to do on modern condensers.

Id service BBU's all day long if the money was right.

Me too, modern stuff is just numbers on an analyser.
Absolutely no satisfaction in that:(

its boring. It's nice to get them when your on price work though. But I like a few full strip down services thrown in during the week. Add a nice cup of tea to that equation and I think it's the best job in the world. These modern condensing boilers require no brains to service really and there not a hands on type job. An old boiler on the other hand doesn't exactly require brains to pull apart but is more skilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to mexico slimline cf in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
I am seeking some advice on how to seal up my sump pit. I currently get condensation on the walls and floor around the pit, and in the past there...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone. I am looking for the 'Collector hood and Cleanout cover' for a Ideal Mexico super slimline CF 475. Or would a similar model number...
Replies
Views
The rusty bit with a hole at the top looks quite old, feels flimsy, and is a single skin 100mm x 400mm. The boiler has a 600mm new pipe rising...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock