Discuss Metabo or makita Core Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gallstone

Last edited by a moderator:
Redsaw

I don't know how good the £600 Dewalt is as i have never seen one. It may be good enough but how many professional diamond drillers would use one? Also it won't take 1 1/4" threaded cores.

I know the Marcrist and it was recommended to me by a diamond driller as the best hand held for the money. It is a similar machine to the ones they use (can't remember the make but i'll find out).

I paid around £420 for my one 2 years ago complete with 117 and 48mm 850 cores. The link i posted above was the cheapest i could find and the 110v kit with the core set is brilliant value.

3/4 of a brain get the dewalt haha

used it today (ddm2) its a dream - quite heavy compared to my old one but seemed more comfortable - the 850 bits seem loads better to what i was using before too

Interesting read. I have been using the Bosch GSB 21-2 RE 1100W for a few months and it just isn't up to job when core drilling. The clutch kicks in constantly. Took best part of a hour to go through a double brick wall the other day which was the final straw. So for the drill and core kit recommended here your looking at £470? is that what you paid moony/tamz?

I paid around £420 but put a link earlier to a better deal complete with 850 dry cores.

Some facing brick are as hard to get through with a core as granite. That is why you need good core bits too. Cores are definately not all the same.
A few times i've been stood hanging on to a core drill doing facing brick and thinking " i could be through this with 6 hits with the hammer":)

Being honest my core set probably isnt the best either. Sure i only paid £70 odd for it. Looking at what your saying tamz it's probably a combination of wrong drill and wrong cores for the job but they were the best i could afford at the time. Things are a little brighter on the work front now so i can maybe move up the ladder a bit on the core/drill front and make the job a tad easier.

Just used my new Marcrist DDM1 and PC850 cores, they're rather brilliant - 1 course of breeze took 15 secs, a course of engineering brick took about 75 secs. It wasn't out of its box more than 5 mins. Highly recommended. Used to use Bosch 4kg SDS hammer stop & Edge diamond cores, they took ages - Not anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Metabo or makita Core Drill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock