Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo and Insignia steam shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

King Plumb

Customer wants a steam shower and has chosen the one she wants Insignia min water pressure 2 bar
The Hot water system at the moment is inadequate 30 gal storage tank in a cupboard above the cylinder where top of the tank is lower than the would be shower rose.
Can't raise the tank unless I build a tower on the roof as the bathroom and cyl cupboard are in the eaves so a pump is out the question

So the answer is a megaflo or is it.

It put a pressure test on the main water and only got 2 bar at the main, Isle of Skye and the houses are tank fed hence the low pressure.

Now the Megaflo requires a min of 1.5 bar and the shower requires a min of 2 bar
Would I get away with it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you are pushing the limits. What happens if the pressure drops because of water use in the street. You could use water accumalators (I think thats what they're called) but all seems excessive for a shower.

What flow rate do you require as well? What flow rate will you get on the hot as well as the cold? Seems like a can of worms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflo and Insignia steam shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock