Search the forum,

Discuss Megaflo and Insignia steam shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

King Plumb

Customer wants a steam shower and has chosen the one she wants Insignia min water pressure 2 bar
The Hot water system at the moment is inadequate 30 gal storage tank in a cupboard above the cylinder where top of the tank is lower than the would be shower rose.
Can't raise the tank unless I build a tower on the roof as the bathroom and cyl cupboard are in the eaves so a pump is out the question

So the answer is a megaflo or is it.

It put a pressure test on the main water and only got 2 bar at the main, Isle of Skye and the houses are tank fed hence the low pressure.

Now the Megaflo requires a min of 1.5 bar and the shower requires a min of 2 bar
Would I get away with it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you are pushing the limits. What happens if the pressure drops because of water use in the street. You could use water accumalators (I think thats what they're called) but all seems excessive for a shower.

What flow rate do you require as well? What flow rate will you get on the hot as well as the cold? Seems like a can of worms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Megaflo and Insignia steam shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate for the water used. The incoming water go via a pressure relief valve [most likely its this one: Heatrae Sadia 8 Bar Pressure Relief Valve -...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft but an unvented cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard. A gas heat only boiler. Upstairs I have two en suite rooms. One with a shower and one with...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock