Discuss Mastic man in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone know of a good mastic man who works around south west London? I've just been let down by a guy I normally use on my bathrooms. Really need it doing this week. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Doing it myself isn't an option as I am not that great and bad silicone ruins a good bathroom.

I thought this was a joke... Your actually going to call in someone to mastic round your work :eek:

I thought this was a joke... Your actually going to call in someone to mastic round your work :eek:

+1 why dont you learn yourself? unless its for commercial eg round windows and infill panels eg 1" wide

I wouldn't want someone else to put the finishing touches to my work personally
If your silicones not on top form, practice practice practice

Someone that does silicone all day every day is always going to be better than me. I am a firm believer that a specific trade for each part of a job makes for a better finish. The mastic really finishes off the bathroom well, as these guys do it perfectly. So for £60-80 for them to do it and supply colour matched silicone etc then that to me is a bargain. Most bathrooms I do my customer will comment on how neat the silicone work is and say they have never seen such a neat and clean finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mastic man in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
D
I currently have an 8.5kw electric shower on a gravity fed system in bathroom which doesn't give great flow when hot turned up but to get a 10mm...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock