Discuss Main 30he combi no dhw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick6588

Gas Engineer
Had a problem with rads getting warm as the hot water was run for a period of time ( filling bath etc) replaced diaphragm with the kit and silicon greased everything all was right again.
two days later no hot water?? Diverter valve pins makes good contact with micro switch and the neon comes on the display for hot water but the boiler dosent Fire. Fan runs but no spark or ignition?
i can get hot water if the heating is on and then I open hot tap, will get hot water for 20/30secs then cold so figure the diverter valve moves the water through the plate heat exchanger (already hot from heating) then when it's cooled hot water stops?
Any ideas guys?
I am gas engineer but only deal with new installs so service maintainence is new to me.

Unless your gas safe you can't touch / take the cover off if you have naughty naughty if you are pm gas man the mod

I am a gas safe engineer, need to get to 10 posts until I can allowed in to your secret gas forum. Lol
Didn't want to spam to 10 posts as I feel it's rude

I am a gas safe engineer, need to get to 10 posts until I can allowed in to your secret gas forum. Lol
Didn't want to spam to 10 posts as I feel it's rude

Well don't spam just be constructive

Could I trick the boiler by bypassing thing to diagnose that's the fault?

Last edited by a moderator:
Could I trick the boiler by bypassing thing to diagnose that's the fault?

Sorry can't discuss any gas safe info on the open forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ha I see so you think it involves a gas carrying part!!!
Don't answer that by the way it's against forum rules

I'll help you nick. Have you got any goldfish? Say maybe... 5? What's their names?!:detective:

Ok I'm home now!! A quick update, I replaced the Venturi valve as this was shattered when inspected it. Still no change in boiler operation though

image.jpg

I can't 'Like' this post - even though it has been edited by a 'Super Mod'

Maybe the 'Super Mod' may allow me entrance into the Gas Safe Register.

Please Sir Croppie

Nowt to do with me lad, pm gas man with whatever passes for registration with the appropriate body and we'll see what happens.

Be aware I'm vetoing anything to do with Australians or the Welsh at the moment. ..

Nowt to do with me lad, pm gas man with whatever passes for registration with the appropriate body and we'll see what happens.

Be aware I'm vetoing anything to do with Australians or the Welsh at the moment. ..

:D still a bit sore

In reply to the Welsh comment, I recently heard a joke about them.

Q - What are the Welsh a testament to?

A - That the Irish can swim !!!!

Please note: I do not wish to directly offend the Welsh or the Irish member.

I only wish to offend Croppie

Last edited:

Oi Dundee, don't you start as well
We get enough abuse from the Northern hemisphere without you upside downers chirping in
And don't mention sheep either......people in glass houses and all

You're doing so well. Did I ever tell you my real name is Dai Murphy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Main 30he combi no dhw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock