Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Lukewarm "hot"water supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

agganesh

Few weeks back I had a water leak in the combi boiler Worchester 28i so I called e-on service care engineers to fix it who came and did it.
Since then I have problem with the hot water supply in all the taps and showers at home. When I turn the tap less than a half way I get good hot water (45 degree) but I turn it more it comes very lukewarm. The engineeers came again and confirmed the boiler works ok as it raises the water temperature from 5 degree to 45 degree (when turns the tap half way). They said that the problem is with the incoming water being too cold and asked me to complain with United Utilities - the water company. When I contacted them they didn't want to take any responsibility for the water tempeature as they don't guarantee it but they confirmed the water temperature can be expected around 17 degree.

I got full cover with e-on including plumbing but their plumbers said the problem cannot be down to plumbing. Now I am not sure what could be the problem and who can fix it. Anyone have idea? Thanks for reading.

what is your mains pressure in terms ov bar try turning your mains down a quater of a turn or so

What is ov bar? Is it the dial on the boiler which shows the pressure?

I will turn the main to reduce the cold water supply (so it affects whole house not just the boiler) and see how it goes. I will let you know tonight or in the morning. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
the 35 degrees temp rise is at the boilers max flow rate eg 10 litres a min 35 rise . get a bucket and open the tap for a min then empty the bucket with a measuring jug to see how many litres this is your flow per min then test the temp .

what is your mains pressure in terms ov bar try turning your mains down a quater of a turn or so

I turn it down 1/3 I guess and can feel the difference still far from what it used to be. The downside is the cold water stops completely in upstair bath if I open a tap in downstairs.

the 35 degrees temp rise is at the boilers max flow rate eg 10 litres a min 35 rise . get a bucket and open the tap for a min then empty the bucket with a measuring jug to see how many litres this is your flow per min then test the temp .

Open the tap as much as possible where I get maximum temp and filled up the bucket. It was just 5.5 litres a min. This too after closing down the main 1/3 as another poster suggested earlier.

boiler should give 40 degree rise in water temp at 10 litres a min - so try and get the tap set so you get that and take a tmep reading of the water temp - if this is 40 above cold water temp in the boiler is ok

boiler should give 40 degree rise in water temp at 10 litres a min - so try and get the tap set so you get that and take a tmep reading of the water temp - if this is 40 above cold water temp in the boiler is ok

Thanks. will try but don't have a thermometer so need to buy one.

Got a call from e-on people and now the engineer last visited says the problem could be down to Heat Exchanger which is not covered in the e-on service care agreement. I am not sure how he changed his decision from "unusually low temp cold water" coming through to Heat Exchanger problem. I have escalated this issue to the management now and am sure will get a call tomorrow or so.

Now I lost faith on the e-on engineers, coz couple of them visited so far, the first one found "no problem" and when complained they sent another one who confirmed the problem and it was due to the incoming water being too cold.

In mean time please pass me on your suggestions so that I can understand what's going on with the boiler.

Last edited by a moderator:
if it is your heat exchanger it could be sludge restricting the flow of hot water through it thus not getting up to temprature so you will need a new 1 hope this helps

if it is your heat exchanger it could be sludge restricting the flow of hot water through it thus not getting up to temprature so you will need a new 1 hope this helps

Is it expensive?:disappointed:

Is it expensive?:disappointed:

Could someone tell me how expensive it is to replace the heat exchanger please? and is there anyway I can identify the problem is really with the heat exchanger?

you would need a gas safe bloke in to sort that out as for price it depends on what kind of heat exchanger it is

you would need a gas safe bloke in to sort that out as for price it depends on what kind of heat exchanger it is

Thanks jam1979 but as you can see from my earlier postings, I cannot trust the e-on engineers anymore as they couldn't find the exact problem. They have been telling different reasons everytime so before I am spending big money to fix this issue I would like to confirm myself if the problem is with the heat exchanger or not.

no worries see what other people on the forum think m8 you will get plenty of good help to get the problem sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lukewarm "hot"water supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, thanks for adding me. My Veissmann v50 combi gas boiler has recently started to supply only lukewarm water to the bathroom above it. This...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am getting hot water in the kitchen when I turn the kitchen tap on. However the hot water in the upstairs bathroom for both bath and sink...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock