Discuss Loud noise coming from stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
post a picture when your back home one of us will be able to help you out . cheers kop

That’s a few pics uploaded of under the sink, and there is a check valve above the stopcock as you will see

77DC0486-A4AE-426E-8163-0A80CFA3290B.jpeg

6F94B734-30A1-4A00-9DAA-4001185935BF.jpeg

That’s a few pics uploaded of under the sink, and there is a check valve above the stopcock as you will see

View attachment 34013

View attachment 34014

If I was to replace the stopcock and check valve to try and eliminate the problem, would there be enough room in between the pipes to remove and re fit? Just think it looks a tight fit that there would be no room to remove check valve and stopcock once nuts loosened without having to pull on some pipes? Thanks

Hi mate there will be enough play on the pipework to change both the NRV and Stopcock you can get them from any screwfix branch . Cheers kop

Screenshot_20180718-195418_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180718-195345_Chrome.jpg

Remove the check valve and hammer the internals out of it then refit. This will help eliminate the valve as your problem and can be properly replaced at a later date.

Before I even attempt to do this, is changing over a stopcock a fairly easy job for a DIY’r? Could I run into major problems? I fitted isolation valves etc to new toilet and new sink and I managed it without having any leaks etc. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loud noise coming from stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock