Discuss Loud noise coming from stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
So have you isolated the tap and tried another tap and the noise is still there?

So have you isolated the tap and tried another tap and the noise is still there?

Yes the new waterfall tap that I fitted. I isolated that wee while ago cold and hot

Yeah I tried that a wee while back, isolated the cold and hot on the new waterfall tap and the noise is still there. Doesn’t matter what tap I open up the noise is still there. But any tap that I open up the loudest part of the noise is when I open cupboard where stopcock is at. Any tap that I open the noise is there if I open another tap it gets louder then if I open a third tap it gets really loud and at that point it disappears with the 3 taps on full. If I then close the 3rd and 2nd tap so that the last of the 3 taps are running the noise has still vanished then I close the last tap. Start again from any first tap and the noise is back

Could be a ballvalve in a toilet, could well be the stoptap itself. Shock absorber like Martin said could work but I'd rule everything else first as they are quite pricey.

Could be a ballvalve in a toilet, could well be the stoptap itself. Shock absorber like Martin said could work but I'd rule everything else first as they are quite

I put a new toilet in new suite, and changed the ballvalve washer in top toilet. I’m going to replace the insert in the stopcock next week and see how that goes. Thanks for all reply’s and I’ll let yous know how I get on

Isolate the cold main externally and change the stopcock I would guess it is the loose jumper type and has failed . Cheers kop

Thank you I’m going to give that a go. The internal part of my stopcock thread is 1 1/4” are these easy to pick up? Got one from toolstation but internal part was smaller than the one I have

Is there a check valve fitted above the stopcock. Some cheap versions of these make an awful noise when water is passing through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loud noise coming from stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back