Discuss Loud noise coming from stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is probably best fitted as close as possible to the tap making the noise.

The noise is made throughout the full house from any tap that is opened but but is loudest at the stopcock. I’ll try replacing the inside of the stopcock first of all and see if that helps, thanks for the reply’s

Honestly don't think it's your stoptap at all... Going to be a tap cartridge on one of your taps. Do you have any lever taps, 1/4 turn taps? If so isolate them all to eliminate the noise turning one on at a time until the noise reappears then you will know which tap is the culprit. By isolate I mean on a isolation valve hopefully on the pipes leading to taps.

Honestly don't think it's your stoptap at all... Going to be a tap cartridge on one of your taps. Do you have any lever taps, 1/4 turn taps? If so isolate them all to eliminate the noise turning one on at a time until the noise reappears then you will know which tap is the culprit. By isolate I mean on a isolation valve hopefully on the pipes leading to taps.

I don’t have any lever taps or quarter turn taps. I did install a new waterfall tap in a new toilet suite but that’s brand new. Any tap that I open up downstairs or upstairs you hear the noise coming throughout the full house but when I open cupboard where stopcock is the noise is really loud

Cold water tank in the loft? If so check here by gently pulling the ball cock up to stop the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Loud noise coming from stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock