Search the forum,

Discuss Lockshield size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guya had a job yesterday that could't be completed. 2 lockshields needed changing, it's small pipe. I had 2 10mm lockshields on and these were too big. Can't seem to find smaller, anyone know where i might get some?

Not much stock on these dynorod vans ash :p

Worth being able to spot the difference between 8 & 10 as it will save a lot of hassle in the future!

Normally get 8/10mm valves, which is basically a 10mm valve that has a 10 to 8mm reducing set. I tend to bin a load to the scrappy every nowcand again.

Thanks, will put this down to experience.......again :)

Actually got 2 8mm valves on order today so can put right asap.

Just bodge a bit of 10mm over the 8mm and solder it on. I did that 1 Sunday to get me out of trouble.

Just bodge a bit of 10mm over the 8mm and solder it on. I did that 1 Sunday to get me out of trouble.

There's not a great deal of pipe to play with, looks like they were painted 60 years ago and it actually looks like 8mm sleeved in 10 coming out the wall.

I dont think I've ever seen smaller that 10mm on heating, so i'd of got 10mm valves as well, might be worth ordering a bunch of reducers for next time

I dont think I've ever seen smaller that 10mm on heating, so i'd of got 10mm valves as well, might be worth ordering a bunch of reducers for next time

Really?? I see loads of 8mm copper installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lockshield size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just tried to balance my heating system (16 cast iron rads, 3 towel rails), all the lockshields were fully open. When I try to close them...
Replies
Views
Heating system is 14 years old. On inspection I find that every lockshield valve is fully open. After adjusting some, I find that they weep...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock