Discuss Lockshield size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guya had a job yesterday that could't be completed. 2 lockshields needed changing, it's small pipe. I had 2 10mm lockshields on and these were too big. Can't seem to find smaller, anyone know where i might get some?

Not much stock on these dynorod vans ash :p

Worth being able to spot the difference between 8 & 10 as it will save a lot of hassle in the future!

Normally get 8/10mm valves, which is basically a 10mm valve that has a 10 to 8mm reducing set. I tend to bin a load to the scrappy every nowcand again.

Thanks, will put this down to experience.......again :)

Actually got 2 8mm valves on order today so can put right asap.

Just bodge a bit of 10mm over the 8mm and solder it on. I did that 1 Sunday to get me out of trouble.

Just bodge a bit of 10mm over the 8mm and solder it on. I did that 1 Sunday to get me out of trouble.

There's not a great deal of pipe to play with, looks like they were painted 60 years ago and it actually looks like 8mm sleeved in 10 coming out the wall.

I dont think I've ever seen smaller that 10mm on heating, so i'd of got 10mm valves as well, might be worth ordering a bunch of reducers for next time

I dont think I've ever seen smaller that 10mm on heating, so i'd of got 10mm valves as well, might be worth ordering a bunch of reducers for next time

Really?? I see loads of 8mm copper installations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lockshield size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back