Discuss Loads of air in central heating. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes, but there are two pipes coming out of the front of the cylinder that go to the tank in the loft. One is a feed and one is a expansion pipe(?) from the cylinder isn't it? Could it be sucking in air from the expansion pipe(?).

Thanks.
If it’s plumbed wrong then yes but if it’s worked fine up till now then Doubtful. The pipes out of the front of the cylinder are flow and return from the boiler

It has worked fine until this week. I'm worried that a blockage somewhere will be causing it to suck in air from the expansion pipe(?).

I will have to check tomorrow night as the cylinder in also in the kids bedroom!

Thanks for your help :)

It has worked fine until this week. I'm worried that a blockage somewhere will be causing it to suck in air from the expansion pipe(?).

I will have to check tomorrow night as the cylinder in also in the kids bedroom!

Thanks for your help :)
The reason I asked about the pipe being hot and the water in the f & e being hot is sometimes they can pump over. This will definitely be sucking air in if it is.

5 minutes refilling the f&e tank every time you switch heating off. That is a lot of water going somewhere. Sounds to me like you have a leak in your heating pipework. If it was upstairs you’d see it coming through the downstairs ceiling so it may well be that a heating pipe hidden under the downstairs floor has sprung a leak in the cold weather?

5 minutes refilling the f&e tank every time you switch heating off. That is a lot of water going somewhere. Sounds to me like you have a leak in your heating pipework. If it was upstairs you’d see it coming through the downstairs ceiling so it may well be that a heating pipe hidden under the downstairs floor has sprung a leak in the cold weather?
Not a bad shout to be fair.

Reply to Loads of air in central heating. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Hello I have a gravity fed system with a header tank in the loft, a water cylinder and a 3 way valve. The header tank in the loft is OK and has...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock