Discuss Link wires? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrewstokes87

Hi,

I am new to boiler breakdowns and tend not to do many but when I do and speak to technical they always tell me to link up certain terminals on the pcb, the only thing is I have nothing to link them up with, is there anywhere I can get some proper link wires or can I just use any wires?

Secondly, is there any tools/equipment which maybe of use to me when servicing and repairing boilers as I am looking at building another kit just for this sort of work, I know everyone has little tips and ways of making the jobs so much easier.

Thanks

Any old bit of wire can be used as a link. Better with single wires from a bit 1mm flat cable rather than flex.
You will need a half decent multimeter for repairs.

:iagree: totally and absolutely a piece of solid 1mm is a good piece of kit ... regards repairing I rarely use it ...but one of those things you carry! lol :) Knowing how to use and interpret the readings of a multimeter will benefit you far more for sure IMO :)

I am also after a long horse haired brush I have seen them on course and other people use them but I cant find one anywhere any ideas?

A magnetic dish is also good for breakdowns

I use these leads,use them for testing fans and stuff in workshop (shed)[DLMURL="http://www.maplin.co.uk/test-lead-kit-5669"]

[/DLMURL]http://www.maplin.co.uk/test-lead-kit-5669

As far as long horse haired brush,am lucky just use hairs off our lass's bum and tie them together,have to cut them down a bit though usually
:santa_smiley:

Last edited by a moderator:
1mm cables good but a multimeters essential as for cleaning brushes i use these
BOILER CLEANING FLUE BRUSH KIT (SET OF 9) BRAND NEW | eBayor thin flue way heat exchangers i use the thin regin velcro type cleaner or a blunt senior hacksaw blade

I always find it useful to have a selection of leads with mini croc clips on each end...also a small range of potentiometers with leads for diagnostics..

A few pics would say a 1000 words Pssst.
I have had that before where on to technical and panic looking for a link , have since bought croc clips from maplins. Something I have got recently is a credit card PCB that plugs into all the greenstars and a few other models for testing components, I must say it is nearly impossible to get your multimeter into that long white connector block that sits on the pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Link wires? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock